_ (_) _ __ _ __ ___ ____ _ ___ _ _ | '_ \| '__| \ \ / / _` |/ __| | | | | |_) | | | |\ V / (_| | (__| |_| | | .__/|_| |_| \_/ \__,_|\___|\__, | | | __/ | |_| |___/ #####################################
firefox "about:config" settings
- type about:config in the url bar and press enter.
- Press the button that says "I'll be careful, I promise!"
change the following settings below:
privacy.firstparty.isolate = true
- this preference isolates all browser identifier sources (e.g. cookies) to the first party domain, with the goal of preventing tracking across different domains(thanks to the tor uplift project)
privacy.resistFingerprinting = true
- this preference makes Firefox more resistant to browser fingerprinting(thanks to the tor uplift project).
browser.urlbar.speculativeConnect.enabled = false
- Disable preloading of autocomplete URLs.
media.navigator.enabled = false
- Websites can track the microphone and camera status of your device
privacy.trackingprotection.enabled = true
- this enables the firefox built in tracking protection.
geo.enabled = false
- disables the browser geolocation feature.
network.cookie.cookieBehavior = 1
- this setting tells your browser handle cookies a certain way
- 0 = All types of cookies are accepted
- 1 = only accept cookies from the website you are on and block any third party cookies
- 2 = makes your browser block all cookies
network.cookie.lifetimePolicy = 2
- this settings tells your browser how long cookies are kept
- 0 = the default way the browser accepts cookies
- 1 = prompt for how to treat each cookie
- 2 = accept cookie for this session only
- 3 = accept for a number of days you specify
browser.cache.offline.enable = false
- Disables offline cache.
browser.send_pings = false
- This setting disables letting the website see what you clicked on.
dom.battery.enabled = false
- this setting disables the website from seeing how much battery life your computer has.
webgl.disabled = true
- you should disable webgl because it is a security risk
browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo = 0
- Even with Firefox set to not remember history, your closed tabs are stored temporarily at Menu -> History -> Recently Closed Tabs.
dom.storage.enabled = false
- disables client-side session and persistent storage
privacy.donottrackheader.enabled = true
- sends a "do not track" request to the website your on
camera.control.face_detection.enabled = false
- disables face detection if webcam is on
device.sensors.enabled = false
- disables access to device related information
dom.netinfo.enabled = false
- this setting disables giving away any network info
beacon.enabled = false
- disables webpages to send data to a web server prior to the unloading of the document
browser.safebrowsing.enabled = false
- disables google safe browsing and phishing protection. Security risk, but privacy improvement
browser.safebrowsing.malware.enabled = false
- disables google safe browsing malware checks.security risk, but privacy improvement
- disables user timing api
- disables resource timing api
WebRTC about:config settings:
- media.peerconnection.enabled = false
- media.peerconnection.turn.disable = true
- media.peerconnection.use_document_iceservers = false
- media.peerconnection.video.enabled = false
- media.peerconnection.identity.timeout = 1
firefox addonshere are some good addons to improve privacy
- a really good adblocker and content filter
- this addon encrypts your communication with the https protocol, with the S meaning secure
- this addon blocks content delivery networks and emulates them for added privacy
- like ublock and noscript combined but better
- makes sites use https(if they have it)
cookie auto delete
- deletes cookies when you close a tab in the browser